Technology and application areas:
- Artificial Intelligence (Standards , Ethics, Policy, Governance)
- Data Governance (availability, usability, integrity, security reliability and trustworthiness)
- Cloud Computing (HPC, Cloud Federation, Interoperability)
- Internet of Things (Connected World, Intersect of Cloud,Data,AI)
- Open and Big Data (Open Source, Open Standards, Open Data)
- Interoperability (Tools, Technologies, Services for Emerging Technologies)
- Digital Health (E-Health)
- Digital Government (Procurement, Voting, Citizen Services, Security, Privacy)
- Digital Content (in all its forms)
- Manufacturing (Smart Manufacturing, Cloud Manufacturing, Industry 4.0)
- Smart Cities
- Smart Buildings
- Smart Transport
Prof Ray Walshe joined the Science Foundation Ireland funded Research Centre, ADAPT, as an Academic Collaborator with Theme E and is an Assistant Professor in Dublin City University (DCU), Ireland.
Ray graduated with honours in Electronic Engineering from University of Limerick in 1991 and worked in industry with LM Ericsson, Software and Systems Engineering Limited and Siemens. Joining School of Computing DCU in 1995 is a member of Science Foundation Ireland funded research centres (Insight and ADAPT) where his research activities and projects on Emerging Technologies include Cloud Computing, Big Data and AI Standardization. Ray is senior member of IEEE and was appointed to the Working Group IEEE European Public Policy Committee on ICT in 2019.
He is a Digital Leader with the World Economic Forum (2018-Present) and his international standards work includes ISO/IEC JTC1 SC42 Artificial Intelligence Standards Editor, Steering Committee Member for European Commission Joint Initiative on Standardisation and Chair of StandICT.eu Expert Advisory Group. In February 2019 Ray was appointed Member of United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) Regulatory Cooperation and Standardization Policies.